Sunday, September 27, 2009

One Long Week

Being a student-athlete has it's perks but it also has it's downfalls. You get to pick your schedule before everyone else and travel and do other cool things but there are also a whole lot of responsibilities that go along with it. This past week has been the busiest and probably most stressful week I've had since I've been here. I had 2 tests, 4 papers and 3 games in the course of 7 days. Because of the amount of school work I had in such a small amount of time I did not put as much into each activity as I would have if it weren't so hectic. I just wanted the week to be over. Although I am anxious to find out how I did on my assignments, I'm not real excited to find out how I did compared to how I could have done. Some people might not have as hard of a time adjusting to the time constraints but I definitely am. You have to love the game a whole lot to try and play a sport and excel in school as well.

On a lighter note, we won our games Tuesday and Friday this week against Sterling College and Southwest College. There was a big crowd, probably our biggest of the season, at Friday night's game. Plus we had somewhere between 20 and 25 recruits out watching, including my little sister Tatum! It was so exciting to get to experience this trip with her! I remember my recruiting trip out to RSU. I was so nervous and so excited at the same time! I just hope she had a good time whether or not she decides to come here next year.

Today we played Ottawa University and failed to produce a single goal while letting in quite a few. We lost our first game of the season and losing sucks. Enough of that!

Anyway, we leave tomorrow (another example of being a student-athlete by keeping up with class even while you are on the road and missing class AND getting back at 3am in the morning for class at 9am) for Plainsview, Texas. An 8 hour drive to hopefully up our stats and come home with a win in our first conference game against Wayland Baptist University.

2 comments:

  1. not many people get to experience collegiate sports. thanks for the insight into what it's really like!

    ReplyDelete