Monday, November 14, 2011

Not what we wanted.

Well, the season is over. I haven't wanted to post this because I still can't believe it. It's a weird feeling when you wake up the day after your season is over with nothing to do but school.

Last Wednesday, we played OCU in Oklahoma City. Unfortunately, we lost 1-0. It was really sad. I definitely cried, not gonna lie. I didn't cry just because we lost, I cried for my seniors. Abby, Chelsea, and Pearl are not only good friends of mine, but they are also some of the best teammates I ever had. I look up to all of them, and I'm sad that's the way our season ended when they deserved so much more. We put in the work all season, and it's awful how it just ended like that. The whole game was back and forth with us. At half, it was 0-0. Around the 66th minute, they got their goal and held us the rest of the game.

There's nothing left for us to do but start training again for next year. It's a long road until we see the field again, but when we see OCU next year, it's going to be a different story.

Thank you to everyone who supported us this season, especially everyone in the Athletic Department. Also, shout out to Chelsea McMullin, Gianna Piela, and Jordan Beasley for winning awards this season! Proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment